Post by Tiffamu on Jun 20, 2018 20:32:23 GMT -5
Last Updated 4/12/19
General Rules & Guidelines
These rules apply to all content on Dragon Riders of Berk and were enacted on 20 June 2018. By joining our RPG and roleplaying with us, you automatically agree to these rules. Be aware that the rules may periodically change. All changes will be announced; however, it is ultimately your responsibility to remain abreast of any changes. Admins have the right to enforce these rules with any member of this forum. Please click here for our Disciplinary Guidelines. If you disagree with a decision that was made, you are welcome- and even encouraged- to contact a mod or a staff member and discuss it civilly. Thank you for reading carefully!
- We all want a friendly and welcoming environment to roleplay in. Please respect all members and admins. If you have conflict with any other member, please take any arguments out of the OOC boards or roleplay boards and move it into private. If it becomes more of an issue, please PM an admin for assistance. We ask that everyone respect one another so that everyone can have a good time.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to join, the site will be rated PG-13. All content (photos, advertisements, games, etc) that you bring to this board cannot reference drugs, sexual content, or links leading to sites promoting such or anything else offensive.
- Swearing is generally permitted, with some limitations. Swearing is okay, but please use common sense and don't use profanity frequently.
- Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted. You can kiss, make out, hold hands and date, talk about and have sex, just do not graphically describe these events on the boards. Once the thread gets to the point of intercourse, simply skip past it.
- Explicit violence is permitted. There will be fighting and battle scenes within the roleplay. These scenes should not be too graphic or depict heavy gore.
- Obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy or pornographic, that may constitute child pornography, or that may solicit personal information from or exploit in a sexual or violent manner anyone under the age of 18.
- Depicts excessive violence, contains comments or images that are offensive, abusive, threatening, harassing or menacing, or that incites, encourages or threatens physical harm against another.
- Promotes or glorifies racial intolerance, uses hate and/or racist terms, or signifies hate towards any person or group of people.
- Glamorizes the use of illegal substances and drugs.
- Prohibited Content
To see the full list of prohibited content, visit the Proboards Community Guidelines.
- Your first account should be your OOC account with your nickname (or whatever you want us to call you).
- Once you have created your OOC account, join the OOC Account Group.
- Click on Profile at the top of the page to view your profile.
- Go to the Groups tab.
- Once on this page, you can click Join Group next to OOC Account.
- If your account still says "New Arrival" rather than "OOC Account".
- Click on Edit Profile and go to the Settings tab.
- You should see a drop-down menu labeled Display Group.
- Select the OOC Account and Save Account Settings to have your group properly displayed.
- If you have any issues joining the OOC Account group, or aren't sure how to do it, post in the Action Requests thread and a member of staff will change it for you.
- Once your OOC account is created, you can begin creating your character. Your characters must be created under your OOC account.
- Once your new character is accepted, you may create a separate account for the character to use in roleplay.
- Every character has a separate account. All accounts can be linked through your Proboards global account. If you're not sure how to do this, check out this guide.
- Your character account username must be the first name of your character. You may change the display name to be the nickname or first and last name of your character.
- Your member group will be assigned by staff for your character accounts depending on your character's occupation and origin.
- Once your member group is assigned by staff, please go into your Display Group settings and make sure the member group is the display group.
- Character accounts should only be used in roleplay boards, and OOC accounts should be used for anything else.
- Avatar images cannot depict any prohibited content. Any images that do not follow these guidelines will be removed, and the member will receive a warning. Any instances following the warning will result in being banned from the site.
- The default avatar size is 220x350. It is recommended that you use an avatar image this size to compliment the coding of the user profiles.
- Please link to an image rather than upload an image directly from your computer. When uploading an image, Proboards automatically resizes the image to 150x150, and it doesn't look right in the profile.
- We have many default forum avatars available if you would rather use them. Just select "Use a Forum Avatar" under your avatar settings and choose one from the list.
- If you are going to be absent for an extended period of time, please post in the Absences board to let us know.
- Much like in school, we use what we call "roll call" to establish who is still present and active on the site. We strive for a more relaxed roleplay environment and feel as though strict activity guidelines can deter members, so our activity requirements are much more relaxed in comparison to most roleplay sites.
- Roll call will be every two months (60 days) and will last for an entire month (30 days), starting on the first of the month and ending on the last day of the month.
- You are required to post at least two in character posts for each of your characters between each roll call. In other words, you have 3 months (90 days) to post 2 in-character posts per character.
- If a character account has not had at least two in character posts between each roll call, you will receive a friendly reminder to post more often with that character.
- The second time your character has not met the post minimum for a roll call, you will receive a warning stating that if there is no activity for a character by the next roll call, they will be archived.
- The third time your character has not met the post minimum for a roll call, the character will be archived and the character account will be deactivated.
- You may request your character to be brought out of the Archives at any time, however, if the character is inactive for another roll call, the character will be archived again.
- After the third time the character has been archived, you will not be allowed to request the character to be brought out of Archives for 6 months from the date it was archived.
- If an account does not have any in character or out of character activity during a roll call:
- If we don't hear from you during the roll call, we'll reach out to you with a PM on the site, email, and/or a Discord DM.
- If we don't hear anything by the next roll call, we will reach out once more and your characters will be archived until we hear from you again.
- If we don't receive a response within one month (30 days) of the last contact attempt, the account will be deleted and your characters will remain archived for up to 6 months (180 days) before they are deleted.
- If your account is deleted due to inactivity, you are welcome to create your account again, however, please know that all posts and PM's will be deleted as well. If you choose to make your account again, it will be a clean slate and your characters can only be salvaged if you are still within the 6 month grace period.